Travis W. Calvert is a personal injury litigation attorney with Harlin Parker. His areas of practice include motor vehicle/trucking accidents, wrongful death, premises liability/slip, trip and falls, dog bites, and nursing home neglect and abuse. Travis also performs commercial and residential closings with various lenders in South Central Kentucky and is a title insurance agent for Stewart Title.
Travis obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2000, where he graduated as a member of the Trial Advocacy Board. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in Government in 1997, with a double minor in sociology and criminology, from Western Kentucky University.
Travis is licensed to practice in all state courts for Kentucky and Tennessee. He is also licensed to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
Travis is a member of the Bowling Green Bar Association, Kentucky Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association, American Bar Association, Kentucky Justice Association and ALFA International.
Travis has served as an adjunct professor at Western Kentucky University and taught Introduction to Business Law. He has also presented bad faith litigation seminars.
Travis has been actively involved in his local community through serving as a board member for Big Brother/Big Sisters of South Central Kentucky and The Foundry Christian Community Center in Bowling Green, Kentucky. He is also a graduate of Leadership Bowling Green.
Areas of Practice:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents and Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability/Slip, Trips and Falls
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
- General Civil Litigation
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Kentucky, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- Supreme Court of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. – 2000
- Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY, USA
- B.A. – 1997
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Government
- Minor: Criminology
- Minor: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warren County Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Law Firm Associations (ALFA), Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Smith, Adkins & Thompson, Associate, 2000 – 2002
- Western Kentucky University, Adjunct Professor
Pro Bono Activities:
- Broadway United Methodist Church, Member
- Leadership Bowling Green, Kentucky, Graduate
- Member, Board of Directors for Big Brothers/Big Sisters of South Central Kentucky
- Executive Committee Member, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of South Central Kentucky
- Sigma Nu
- Phi Delta Phi